We designed this new 2000 sf bungalow in the town of Orillia, applying energy efficient net zero principles. Our firm was gratefully presented with the task of designing this family a humble affordable home yet, also a responsible durable home way beyond code requirements that will last for generations to come with minimal maintenance.
It is set to be constructed in the summer of 2022.
At our firm, we strive to be diverse in serving all types of clients.
Whether you want your home to be a highly economical investor-friendly minimum code requirement home……or a super energy efficient home that pays itself off in the long term….or anything in between…….we are here to offer you expert advice.
To name just a few of the net zero features of this home:
1) solar panels spanning the entire rear roof covering, positioned for most strategic use of sunlight exposure.
2) ICF foundation walls offering a very energy efficient alternative compared to standard wood framing.
3) Legalett concrete slab on grade providing in floor heating and heat recovery measures.
4) Careful precise locating of windows for minimum heat loss and solar gains, along with extra efficient window u-values.
5) Low maintenance durable exterior material selection.
6) special detailing to eliminate thermal bridging which is common in standard wood framing techniques.
Please feel free to reach out if you would like to learn more !